Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's such a weird place to be...

I have probably made comments like this before, but it's SO weird to have sooo many of my friends getting engaged and married. In this past year:

+ Marianne and Ryan Jackson were married (my only friends from IL)
+ Erin and Samuel Randall were married
+ Pama and Derek Alder were married (Pama has been one of my best friends since we were like 14ish, and Derek served his mission in our ward and taught and baptized Justin)
+ 3 couples in my branch recently got engaged
+ 2 more of my friends are expecting engagements in the upcoming months
+ 2 of the 4 girls that were in my primary classes growing up are engaged (the other is about to serve a mission)
+ a few that I can't think of right now...

On the other hand, I also know several people about to, or are serving missions:
+ Torvald is in Norway
+ Reggie is in the MTC heading to Seoul Korea
+ Marcus will be going to the MTC soon to go to Chile
+ Jesse will be going to the MTC soon to go to Hawaii
+ Emily beu is in the MTC on her way to the Mesa Arizona Temple mission
+ Alex is in the MTC headed to Tuscon Arizona
+ Lindsey will be going to the MTC to go to Bolivia
+ I will be receiving my call in the next week :)

Anyway, it's just weird to know so many people heading down that path, when I'm heading down another one. When I come home there are gonna be babies and I doubt I'll have any single friends left! Weird. Yeah, anyway. Just some interesting thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Life will just keep getting weirder. For example, the day you're sitting in church and you see a missionary and wonder why they let a 12 year old go on a mission is a very weird day indeed.

    ReplyDelete