Thursday, May 7, 2009

Home Sweet Home?

From the moment Sam and I drove into Charleston Illinois, everything seemed, well perfect! It felt like it could become home! I haven't met many people, and I don't get out much...I'm just here! However I believe I like it here...aside from the shopping selection! My family and I are SUPER! close! Oh and I'm not talking about like friendly close! I mean I walk in the 2 bedroom APARTMENT and my choices are, kitchen, living room, mom and dads room, laundry room, bathroom 1, bathroom 2, OR my room..oh yeah and all of my siblings as well! It's weird going from taking care of myself, doing what I want, etc. and going to a small. apt (well, it's bigger than the one I just moved from...but different) and having mom cook for you and take care of you! I am definitely not complaining about home cooked meals, but it's different. I have nothing to do. This seems to be my schedule thus far: Wake up @ 7, eat breakfast, lounge around (or fall back to sleep), get in the shower, take my time getting ready, hanging out with mom, pick up kids from school with mom, come home, watch Gilmore Girls, get on the computer because the second Gilmore Girls is over Sam takes over the TV with the Wii. Then I am bored until dinner time, at which time we eat, then I am bored again, get on the computer talk to friends and go to sleep (eventually). Sounds exciting, right? I just need things to do, people to hang out with. HOWEVER! I have a job interview at County Market tomorrow morning (it's the local grocery store) so, hopefully I'll start working soon! We found out dad's job is permanent, and we will be closing on a house next month! We all like it and will be redoing the main floor flooring before moving in, and tearing off wallpaper! We are putting hardwood floors in the entry and kitchen area, and carpet in the dining room (which will be an office) and the living room! We are all pretty excited! (I'm excited for some space and some alone time!) It's funny cuz when I get frustrated or upset it's because I'm alone, but not alone. So yeah. I need to start working. I have only applied at 3 places...but I'm being picky! I don't want a job that will make me hate my summer life! haha, well I think that is all my life consists of as of right now! We are hoping to make charleston our home until Shaelyn graduates, however I do not think I will be returning next summer...I'm thinking about going to Lincoln and getting an internship. We shall see :) Ok, I'm done talking! Have a GREAT summer :D

No comments:

Post a Comment