Sunday, August 30, 2009

Last Days

It's nearly the end of summer break, and surprisingly this has been one of my best summers in a long time. Typically my summer consists of working, working, some church activities and a random movie night or other activity with my friends from school. This summer was different, yes there was working and worrying about not enough work, but something changed when we moved to Charleston. Coming home it was easier to appreciate everything mom does for me, the comfort of home and the blessings of family. But not only do I have my family, I felt free to be myself, unconcerned with what others thought, and even better I made friends who have helped make this a wonderful summer! I got to see my friends typically twice a week, where we would just hang out, goof off, laugh, and talk. We didn't go anywhere that cost anything, we spent most of the time in parks, swinging or gazing up at the stars. There was hardly a dull moment when I was with them! It's sad to think that I will be, once again, leaving my friends behind. You would think I'd be used to this by now, but I want friends who are going to stay! I know I can text them, talk to them online, call them, but I want that friend who is there by your side in your most exciting and most difficult times! I've never really had that. Pama was always there to talk to, but we didn't get to hang out all that often. I had my school friends, but sometimes they just don't understand the things church friends do. I guess I should count my blessings that I have friends in many areas, so I'll always have a friend to turn to.

This is a picture of us goofing off one night, we are a bunch of dorks :)

As I'm getting ready for school I'm looking at my financial situation and trying to figure out what to do. I'll scrape by this semester, but next semester will be a different story. I have yet to find a job (I'm going in person soon though, hopefully that will help), and I just don't have the money I need. I would like to go on a mission, so I want to get all my debt paid off, and it's hard to do while going to college. So my alternate plan is to attend a 2yr university near home so all I have to pay is tuition and books. I want to get an associate degree in psychology, then go on a mission, go back to BYU-Idaho and finish up my bachelors in business with a minor in computer information technology.

So sometime this summer I did something to my left thumb. Not sure what, I just know that it hurts, kinda bad. Then tonight I was teasing Miranda and my thumb got knocked and now it hurts really bad. So I'm going to try and see a dr tomorrow and see what's wrong with it. OK, that is really all I've got right now. It's strange that I'm heading back to school, but I am excited to get back. I hope all is going well for everyone! Have a great week :)

1 comment:

  1. I TOTOALLY understand what you are saying about wanting a friend that would just stay around. I think I have several journal entries that sound EXACTLY as your blog. It's hard to be in your situation-everyone's lives are always changing- including yours. It's hard but someday you'll have that friend. LOVE YOU DEAR!!

    ReplyDelete