Saturday, October 17, 2009

"For once in your life why don't you be positive!?!?"

Well hello!! School has kept me crazy busy, and if I'm not busy I try to go out and socialize!!! I've been thinking about changing my major from Business Management to Accounting with a minor in Business. I think it would be a good idea, even though it would be SUPER hard! I think it would be a good idea! But it's ok, I have plenty of time to decide if that's what I want to do! I won't be returning next semester, but I'm going to take at least one online class so that I can remain a student and have student health insurance, since once I lose full time student status I lose dad's insurance. Exciting, right? Anyway, as of right now the plan is to return home and work. However I'm going to try to get an internship at Disney! They pay for your housing plus they pay you! All I would have to do is pay for food! :D I really hope I can get it! It would look great on my resume, and it would be an awesome experience! So that pretty much covers that, what else is new?

So, I've been aware, since High School sometime, that I have a somewhat negative attitude sometimes! I usually don't really pick up on it, but I'm aware of it and I've gotten a lot better! I am always trying to become more optimistic and whatnot but I guess I fail at that? Not too long ago two of my roommates decided to tell me they thought I was negative, and the way that they saw it was something I was not aware of, however I am not going off of what they say, because those two are the two that hardly ever talk to me, so they really have no idea what I'm like. Anyway, so last night Sam (my bro came up) and I cooked dinner for my apartment and Sam and my old roommate Erin Farrar. After dinner we went to the new Harry Potter movie. It was Sam & Erin (his gf), myself and Erin Farrar, and Rachel (Erin's roommate) and her bf Sam. So we had 2 Sam's and 2 Erin's! Anyway, I got home and the kitchen was still a pigsty! It had dishes from the day before and what I had used. Thank goodness for my roommate Liz, she got up and unloaded the dishwasher, she's so great! Anyway, so I was slightly irritated that I had so many nasty dishes to scrub and do. However I wasn't that upset. So then, we have this cooking grease that we've dumped into a bottle (we don't know what to do with it) and it's sitting on our counter. So I made a comment that we need to figure out what to do with it so we can get rid of it, and one of my roommates goes, "I think we should heat it up and dump it on 'Cloud 9' (which is what apt. 9 calls themselves). Of course I responded with "I think we should..." (well at least I was gonna respond with we neeed to do something nice with it...like just dispose of it, but she cut me off) "You always shoot down my ideas! FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE, WHY DON'T YOU BE POSITIVE!?" I couldn't really tell if she was serious or just joking but I made no response to her and she said nothing back. I finished the dishes and left the apartment without another word. Even if she was joking that is a subject that is very sensitive to me. I don't get offended very easily but what she said really hurt and it kept running through my head over and over again! I went and hung out with my friend Jared who helped me feel better :) We walked in the park, talked, got hot chocolate, talked, went up to the temple grounds and talked some more! I was feeling a lot better by the time I came home 2 hours or so later. I'm still bothered by the fact that she said that, and I don't really know how to react. Her and her roommate hardly talk to me anyway, so maybe I can finish off the semester peacefully. I'm sort of glad I'm coming home next semester, living with 5 girls is rough, especially the combination of girls I have! No joke I have THE weirdest and MOST hormonal group of girls you will EVER meet! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy talking to 3 of them...most of the time, but man our combination is SO strange! Anyway! Moving on.....

OH! I am going to a Masquerade ball this upcoming Friday! My roommate set me up with her friend David! I'm really excited! :D We are going to decorate our masks, have dinner and go to the dance. It should be lots of fun! I haven't figured out what I'm wearing yet or how I'm going to decorate my mask, but I'll get it figured out, eventually!

Well I hope you all have an enjoyable day!! I've got homework to tend to and then Rocio and I are hanging out, having a little family time. :D I'm super excited! :D

4 comments:

  1. I had someone tell me that I was always sarcastic, a trait that I hadn't noticed. I was pretty mad at first, but then I realized that he was right, and how unattractive that was to others. Try not to take offence but action if need be. You're a great person and all of us have our weaknesses. Although I've never noticed any sign of negativity, it might be a good idea to take inventory. Love YA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well see, I'm well aware that I can be a little negative at times, or maybe it's because I always choose the "less fun" thing because I am a little more mature than most people my age. She also isn't the first to say something to me, but also something else I've noticed is that the ones who have told me that are the ones who have never taken the time to really get to know me. The ones who hardly talk to me, I don't really understand, but negativity has been something I've worked on since High school....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been told..and it is acommonly held opinion among probably all my roommates is that I can be a bit dramatic. It really stems from the fact that I got excited about really small things...like happy excited but the I also got excited about not happy things to...those things that stress me out. I love those roommates that have pointed it out even though it still bothers me sometimes. It's a great learning experience to live with someone other than family...you get to learn to see yourself in a different light and learn how to get along with different people. Good luck dear...you'll make it through!!

    ReplyDelete