Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wow

I tried so hard not to cry in front of Jesse when I said goodbye. Unfortunately, I few tears slipped a couple minutes before I got inside...and once I got inside and shut the door..well yeah. I think that was harder than I imagined and one of the harder things I've had to do. He is truly my best friend and I couldn't help but to remember some of my favorite times with him.

The first time we met I told him 2 things straight up. 1. I'm going on a mission in a year. 2. I'm going to marry a chiropractor!! (Kinda joking, but that would be schaweet!)

The first time I REALLY got to hang out with Jesse was playing Walmart hide and seek. We hid by the potatoes and gave the other team the hint of "dirty". We sat there and talked. Then after the group found us and went off to hide, he told me to close my eyes, then walked over, grabbed a bouquet of tulips and presented them to me. That's when I knew he was cheesy.

On our first date we went bowling with a group. I didn't see it happen, but somehow he managed to step onto the lane, slip and land on his back. Averi had to pull him off the lane.

The first time he tried to kiss me I told him no. :) Our first kiss was at the top of Picachio Peak (it took us like 2 hours to get to the top, but it was BEAUTIFUL.

One night we were at the park with a bunch of people after park curfew, and had the cops called on us. The cops asked for our id's and made sure we were all 18 or older. Then told us to go home.

Another night we were at a different park after dark and the rest of our group left and he turned on some music and danced with me :)

One night, he took me on a date going back to a lot of the places we had our first memories. We went to Walmart and he had sent up a little scavenger hunt for me. We hiked part way up CG mountain. We went back to the park and danced. Then we did something different and played chess...or was it checkers? Either way, I won! :)

Those are just a few of my favorite memories. We have had so much fun. And of course, I have loved the nights where we lay under the stars, go for a walk, or just drive around and talk and talk and talk and talk. :) I can't wait to go home now and start getting ready to go on my mission! :) It'll be an exciting adventure and Jesse and I will get to know each other in a new way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment