Monday, August 16, 2010

It's All In YOUR Control

We have all had our good days, and we have all had our bad days. I think that if we all look back at those days we will notice that on our bad days we have a particularly frustrated or negative attitude. An "anything that can go wrong will go wrong" attitude. Well, bad things happen in life and I've learned that if you train yourself to control your emotions and not let what happens control your emotions that you have more good days than bad. If any of you have read The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, you will have an idea of this theory. After working many years on trying to develop a more positive attitude (and STILL working) I have found more and more success with this theory. Also, one day I was reading in The Book of Mormon in Alma and came across this verse in chapter 41, verse 15:

"For that which ye do send out shall return unto you again, and be restored..."

Even in the scriptures it is telling us that when we are sending out positive, happy, excited vibes, that's what we get in return. Have you ever had a bad day and someone who is super happy come up and starts talking to you or just smiles at you and it makes your day just a little better? Or have you ever had a fabulous day and then someone who is upset, negative, sad etc. comes up and suddenly your mood isn't as great? Remember that your attitude not only affects you, but those around you! You have the choice to make your day good or bad!

Ok, random rant, I know :) Update on my mission papers: I need to finish insurance information, get my physical, upload a picture and my driver's license, meet with my Branch President to help me prepare more, continue to attend Mission Prep, then another meeting with Branch President, one with the Stake President and my papers should be submitted in...42 days-ish!! :D

1 comment: